Sunday 17 January 2016

Healthy American Blueberry Pancakes

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

I’m quite a morning person on the weekends. I like to get up and potter around the house; make myself some breakfast and check my Bloglovin feed. This morning I was feeling especially creative (and hungry), and decided to try out a new recipe; delicious and very healthy american blueberry pancakes. It was quick, easy, and a brilliant start to a Sunday morning. I loved them so much I thought I’d share the recipe with you so you can recreate them.

These are incredibly easy to make; simply 3 ingredients with an optional 4th. I like to add maple syrup on the side, but I have to say it doesn’t need it; the banana and blueberries compliment each other brilliantly. Pair this with a cup of tea, and it’s a perfect way to start the day. This recipe makes a decent 3 pancakes (I used an egg ring to keep them in place, this helps make them small but thick), which I find is a perfect portion size for one person.

Healthy American Blueberry Pancake Recipe

Ingredients: (serves 1 person, 3 pancakes)
1 peeled banana
2 eggs
As many blueberries as you fancy
Chia seeds (optional)

To start, peel the banana and toss it into a food blender/processor. I like to use my NutriBullet, it’s fast and efficient. Crack the eggs into the processor as well and blend until the mixture has a thick consistency. If you plan on adding chia seeds, do it after you have blended the banana and eggs and stir them in. To thicken the mixture, leave it to set for just 1 or 2 minutes before pouring it into the pan. In the pan, I recommend using egg rings, they’re sized perfectly to these american-style pancakes. Pour the mixture into the pan, making sure it’s on it’s lowest temperature, and drop in as many blueberries as you fancy (I like to go OTT, the more the better!) Once the bottom is ready, flip the pancakes and lightly brown the opposing side.

Et voilà! Deliciously healthy blueberry pancakes. Hope you recreate them!

Niamh x

2 comments

  1. These look soooo yummy! I tried some egg and banana pancakes but realised that if you don't use a food processor you're kind of screwed.. I just mashed it all together and they broke up so badly in the pan! Better try again!

    Imogen // imogenscribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say a processor is a necessity...unless you want to find banana lumps in your pancakes? Trust me, though, try this recipe again - it's winner! Thanks x

      Delete

Blog Design by The Blog Store