Sunday 6 March 2016

Little Ways To Grow In Self-Confidence

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Confidence is an off-and-on issue for me. Sometimes, during the best of moments, I’m on cloud 9 and could run through the hallways of school yelling at the top of my lungs. Other times...I’ll admit I want to shrivel up in the safety of my own home. In some ways, you’re either the type of person who laughs as loud as they want (and if you are, lucky you!), or you smile from the sidelines. That’s who you are deep down and you can’t change your personality completely. However, depending on the situation or the topic of conversation, I can often be really loud and confident with myself or feel equally small and helpless. I do consider myself a confident person; I’m happy in my own skin and am not ashamed of myself, ever. Sure, sometimes a quieten down a little, but I like to think of myself as self-confident.

But, some people aren’t so lucky. To help you out a little from my little corner of the internet, here are 3 little ways to help you grow in confidence. If you feel it from the outside, you’ll start to feel it from the inside, too. These little habits make me feel more confident and in control, and overall, more loved as a person.

1. Stand a little taller

If you walk with your shoulders hunched, trying to make yourself smaller and smaller until you disappear, you’ll feel small. Simply by putting your shoulders back, straightening your back and tilting your head upwards is owning your spacing and makes you feel a little more in control. You’re making your body language more powerful, so you’ll feel more powerful. You feel like you are worthy and soon enough, you’ll be strutting down the street like nobody’s business, hips swinging and all.

2. Talk a little louder

Let yourself be heard! No more whispers and quiet comments during a conversation. Be the one to start the conversation, to make someone laugh. Talk a little louder and people will listen to what you have to say, because it’s important! You have interesting things to say, but no one will know unless you let them know. If you feel uncomfortable, just laugh a little louder. Let someone else know you appreciate what they have to say and they will do the same for you.

3. Smile a little more

Everyone wants to be around people will positive, happy energies. Smile at people as you catch their eye, letting them know quietly that you recognize them and are pleased to see them. Most of the time, they will smile back. You’ll feel more appreciated and loved. Give a little more and you’ll get a little more in return. As a result, you’ll feel as if you’ve impacted them in a way, so you are important and you do matter (duh)!

I hope these little habits will help you in some way to grow your self-confidence. Let me know how you get on or if you have any tips for me!

Niamh x

4 comments

  1. Where else have I heard this??? Maybe Ms. Roller! HAHAHAHA but you say it better.

    Elias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I do !!! What do they know that we don't (which is why we teach ourselves...) Niamh x

      Delete
  2. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can read more HERE: http://coffeecreatelondon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy there! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award <3
    http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.lt/2016/05/1-year-blog-anniversary-and-liebster.html

    Love,
    Violeta Lyskoit

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store